prima application

Irv Edelman irv at midalink.net
Mon Sep 3 04:04:09 UTC 2001

Hi,

I don't work for GCG any longer, but, when I did, I wrote a fair
number of application programs.  I was just looking at the
description of the prima program on the EMBOSS web site and
noticed that it seemed remarkably familiar.  Large sections of the
description seem to have been taken, verbatim, from the manual
entry I wrote for the GCG Prime program.  The methods used in the
program, the program parameters, and the program function itself,
seem to be remarkably similar to the Prime program I wrote for
GCG.  Yet the prima program is completely attributed to someone at
HGMP.  Is that really so?  Just curious.

Cheers,
    Irv Edelman