tfscan blues

Charles Plessy c.plessy at mangoosta.net
Wed Jul 25 21:18:47 UTC 2001

Le Mercredi 25 Juillet 2001 20:31, Guy Bottu a écrit :
> from : BEN
>
> 	Dear colleagues,
>
> I had already posted this question before, but nobody had replied. The
> problem is that the value of the program tfscan is decreasing, since we
> cannot get updates of TRANSFAC anymore, unless we pay a licence, and I
> wonder whether at all EMBnet Nodes have the right to give access to their
> users.
> For info, see  http://www.biobase.de/academia.html
> Anybody a comment ?

I have a related question : do you think that it would be possible to build
fake transfac databases from a simple file?
Currently I'm adding into an array (in the GCG findpattern format) any
binding site of my interest that i find in the litterature. (with a name and
a reference)
The goal would be to use existing programs to do searches within a set of
home-selected transcription factors.

Charles PLESSY