EMNU v1.0.0, undefined reference in libplplot

Gary Williams, Tel 01223 494522 gwilliam at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 15:14:03 UTC 2001

Johann Visagie wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thomas Siegmund on 2001-01-23 (Tue) at 15:33:46 +0100:
> >
> > I too have the problem with undefined references in libplplot as Johann
> > Visagie described. My system: SuSE linux 7.0 on i686. EMBOSS 1.9.0 and Phylip
> > (Embassy) compiled and installed without problems.
>
> My apologies.  Gary Williams and I moved the conversation to private email
> after the first few postings to the EMBOSS list.
>
> Gary solved the problem relating to undefined references in emnu.o, and
> you'll see that he has made EMNU-1.0.0 available on their FTP site.
>
> The problem with undefined references in libplplot when compiling EMNU is due
> to the fact that anything that links against libplplot should also link
> against libX11.  You can manually enforce this by editing
> EMNU-1.0.1/source/Makefile *after* running ./configure in the EMNU-1.0.1
> directory.  This is a bit of a kludge, and I'm sure Gary will solve the
> problem in a more elegant way than I did.  :-)
>
> -- Johann

I wouldn't count on it :-)

The quick and dirty fix that I'll commit soon is to add an explicit link
to libX11 in configure.in (this will propagate to configure and
Makefile).

EMNU-1.0.2 should appear sometime this afternoon.

Gary

--
Gary Williams               Tel: +44 1223 494522  Fax: +44 1223 494512
mailto:G.Williams at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk            http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/