drawing trees

Gene Cutler cutler at tularik.com
Mon Aug 27 18:34:15 UTC 2001

Hello, all.  I have a question about phylogenetic-type trees for
sequences.  I haven't quite figured out how to do this using
emboss/phylip.  This is how I have been doing this with gcg:

perform multiple sequence alignment (generally hmmalign or clustalw)
convert file to msf format if not already (e.g., sreformat from hmmer package)
run gcg program distances on the msf file
run gcg program growtree on the distances file
end up with a postscript file

How would I do this with PHYLIP instead?

Thanks.