Installing Database

Charles charles at moulinette.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 30 17:20:34 UTC 2001

Hello,

I'm using emboss for self-training, and I don't have tons of free disk
space. I spent an hour this week-end, trying to see if one can install
only a subset of a database. For example I would like to install a
database containing only zebrafish ESTs.

>From the admin guide it seems possible to install the whole database, and
to configure a kind of alias, restricted to a section, like rodents for
example. But that's not exactly what I want to do...

I couldn't find a database subset isolated as a file, so I suspect that
I'm trying to do an impossible thing. Can anybody confirm?

Charles