wEMBOSS

jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es jrvalverde at cnb.uam.es
Mon Apr 9 16:33:11 UTC 2001

Sarachu Martin <mad at biol.unlp.edu.ar> wrote:

> > 3)
> > I had to add
> > $ENV{"PATH"}="/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin";
> > to the script. Otherwise it did not find the EMBOSS
> executables.
>
> I assumed that EMBOSS programs path will be in the PATH
> variable of the web server. What do you think about
> this?

Not everybody has it on the PATH. At least not me. We have a
humongous amount of packages here, and including all their paths
in PATH would exceed maximum allowable variable length. What we
do have is a script that users run to add/remove packages to their
environment as needed.

I'd rather favour a perl variable $emboss_bin = "/your/path/to/emboss";
(which is How I'm modifying the script to make it work and then refer
to applications as "$emboss_bin/$application"