wEMBOSS

David Bauer bauer at genprofile.com
Mon Apr 9 07:12:27 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm just testing your web interface. I like it. It's easy to install and
a good solution for use in an intranet.
Here are some comments:
1)
Under 'Installation' you should mention that the script requires the
CGI.pm module and maybe put a link where to download it (CPAN or CSH).
2)
Within the script it is not clear that the 'writeDIR' is an absolute
path and the 'graphicsDir' is relative to the httpd document root
because on top there is written that all names are full pathnames.
3)
I had to add
$ENV{"PATH"}="/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin";
to the script. Otherwise it did not find the EMBOSS executables.
4)
Graphical output has a problem. It works nice with png. But if I select
postscript, then the name of the graphical file is also written as 'IMG
src' which then does not work. What about changing this to present as
result a page with a link to the graphical file. If it can be rendered
by the browser, it will showup within the browser. Postscript and other
formats can be either processed by helper applications or saved for
local use.

David.
--
Dr. David Bauer
GenProfile AG, Max-Delbrueck-Center, Erwin-Negelein-Haus