Compile problem

David Starks-Browning starksb at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 20 06:00:55 UTC 2000

On Wednesday 19 Jul 00, Lapointe, David writes:
> For some reason, configure --with-pngdriver=/usr/local/lib  ( where the
> z,libpng, and gd
> libs are) refuses to configure png
>
> checking for gdImageCreateFromPng in -lgd... no
> need to upgrade gd for png driver for plplot
> No png driver will be made due to librarys missing/old
>
> Well, it's not missing and it's not old ( gd 1.8.3 ).
>
> This is an IRIX 6.5 system.

Just guessing here, because you don't provide enough details, but
could it be that EMBOSS, and any of the existing z, png or gd libs in
/usr/local/lib have different ABIs?  If you don't know what I mean
('man abi' is a good start), let me know and I'll try to help you get
it sorted.

Cheers,
David

  David Starks-Browning                  | starksb at ebi.ac.uk
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468