Hello - anybody out there?

Robert Milius milius at bscl.msi.umn.edu
Fri Dec 1 23:14:45 UTC 2000

Hello,

It looks like there are several efforts underway:

http://www.uk.embnet.org/Software/EMBOSS//Doc/interfaces.html

for example, coilmate looks like a non-www gui interface
being developed though I don't know how far along they are.

-bob

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Philipp Pagel wrote:

> 	Hi!
>
> I apologise for this OT posting but I was really wondering if this is a
> problem on my side, or if there IS no traffic on this list...
>
> Anyway: I just downloaded EMBOSS 1.8 on my SUSE LINUX box and started to
> play with it. I really liked what I have seen so far.
> Only the lack of any GUI wrapper for small and dirty jobs is a pitty.
> OK - www interfaces - but I really don't like them.
>
> That makes me wonder if anybody knows about an ongoing project for a
> GUI for EMBOSS implemented in C or whatever. I am not a big coding guru,
> but I might be interested in participating if I can find a little
> time...
>
> cu
> 	Philipp
>
> --
> Dr. Philipp Pagel
> Cellular and Molecular Physiology         phone: (203) 785-6835
> SHM BE-30
> Yale University
> 333 Cedar ST
> New Haven, CT 06520

Robert P. Milius, Ph.D.                            612-626-2771 (office)
Basic Sciences Computing Laboratory                612-625-4433 (fax)
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute   milius at msi.umn.edu
for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation