emboss gui

ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 12:02:14 UTC 2000

Well, PISE is one of the things to get back to asap. There's just been
a million and one other things to do lately. We are in contact with
Rodger Stadens group and Kathryn Beal there is producing a very
swish graphical interface to EMBOSS. I've been over to LMB twice to
see it. Kathryn and I have arranged to get together next week to
spend a morning going through the EMBOSS programs and to try to get
the outputs consistent. A lot of the next versions of EMBOSS are
therefore likely to involve minor changes to output format. So, work
is in progress.

We've spotted several things in the XML (Kathryn uses Catherines XML)
that need adjusting. Catherine has been informed and we're awaiting