Submitted update of EMBOSS FreeBSD port
johann at egenetics.com
Thu Aug 10 13:29:46 UTC 2000
I've just submitted an update to the biology/emboss FreeBSD port.
- updates EMBOSS from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0
- incorporates a patch to allow the emboss.default file also to be read from
/usr/local/etc, in addition to the traditional locations.
- installs the provided emboss.default to /usr/local/etc as
- adds a post-installation message urging the user to set the necessary
environment variables and to tweak emboss.default
- incorporates a patch to install the EMBOSS installed documentation (new in
1.1.0) to the FreeBSD-ish /usr/local/share/doc/EMBOSS instead of the
default location. (Comments?)
Still do do:
- Set some defaults in emboss.default.sample which are consistent with
FreeBSD diectory hierarchy before intstalling it.
- Install the scripts (and other bits?) to /usr/local/share/examples/EMBOSS
- Create necessary directory structure under /var/db for the user who wants
to host databases locally (I need to investigate & understand better what's
going on myself first! :-)
More information about the EMBOSS