HCL Exceed

David Bauer bauer at genprofile.com
Tue Aug 1 08:33:09 UTC 2000

Hi,

I have problems with the graphical output of emboss when accessing it from WinNT via HCL Exceed X11 emulator.
Here are the error messages I get from testplot:

Plotting sin, cos and  tan for 90 degrees
X protocol error: error=8 request=1 minor=0
X protocol error: error=3 request=18 minor=0
X protocol error: error=3 request=18 minor=0
X protocol error: error=3 request=18 minor=0
X protocol error: error=3 request=2 minor=0
X protocol error: error=9 request=55 minor=0
X protocol error: error=9 request=55 minor=0
X protocol error: error=9 request=14 minor=0
Error in XCreatePixmap: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter).
X protocol error: error=3 request=2 minor=0
X protocol error: error=3 request=2 minor=0
X protocol error: error=3 request=12 minor=0
X protocol error: error=3 request=8 minor=0

Emboss is running on FreeBSD3.1 and there are no problems with X11 output directly under FreeBSD. Only the WinNT emulation
bombs.
(As workaround I can save .ps and then use ghostview, which also works.)

Any idea what's wrong here ?

Thanks,
David.
--
Dr. David Bauer
GenProfile AG, Max-Delbrueck-Center, Erwin-Negelein-Haus