[emboss-dev] Hello, First Timer Question

Daniel Melchior daniel.melchior at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:50:27 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I'm a student majoring in cs and would like to get some "real world"
programming experience through open source. I recently joined open-bio and
was looking for a project or application that needs attention. I have a
rather light workload this semester and could devote up to 8 hours a week.

Emboss appears to have many high priority areas in need of attention (at
least according to the "get involved" portion of the site), so I figured I
would consult with you guys before I did anything else.

As a side note, this would be my first attempt at open source work, so
you'll have to pardon me if I ask any ignorant questions. I am here to
learn as well as to help.

Thanks for your time,

Daniel M.

--