[emboss-dev] [Fwd: Re: PHYLIP code]

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 11:15:29 UTC 2007

Thanks Guy,

The compilers have been warning about the gets() problem for years
now and it is such a trivial change to use fgets() from stdin
instead. I suspect that that particular area of code wasn't used
anyway owing to the ACD modifications made to the code. The last
time I looked (v1.83) clustalw was still using gets().

I expect 3.67 is on Peter's to-do list (historically he looks
after PHYLIP).

Alan