[emboss-dev] [Fwd: Re: PHYLIP code]

Guy Bottu gbottu at vub.ac.be
Wed Oct 10 10:24:50 UTC 2007

	Dear Peter, dear Alan,

I had some Email exchange with Joe Felsenstein, the author of PHYLIP, and this
yielded me the following certainly interestinginformations :

- the e... programs from the old version contain a dangerous bug that makes them
  vulnerable to buffer overflow attacks
- the f... programs might have code that is not up-to-date, since there is now
already a PHYLIP version 3.67

	Regards,
	Guy Bottu,
	BEN