[emboss-dev] missing functions ? - Checked by AntiVir DEMO version -

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 12:18:59 UTC 2006

Hi Guy,

> While working on a pogram I noticed that the function ajStrRemoveSetC is
> documented in the manual
> (http://emboss.sourceforge.net/developers/ajax/ajstr.html)
> but is not to be found in the AJAX libraries of EMBOSS 3.0.0
>
> Is this a case of the code lagging behind the manual, instead of the
> usual manual lagging behind the code ?  :-)

The sourceforge pages document what is in CVS. Yes, there are some changes
to function names - we are working on a clear system for naming all
functions in AJAX, starting with the ajstr.c source file. I intended to
announce something before Christmas.

We are also working on creating documentation for the last release, ,so
there will be parallel developers/ajax trees on the EMBOSS website for the
latest release and the latest code in CVS.

ajStrRemoveSetC is the new name for a function that exists in release
3.0.0. Old function names will (with very few exceptions) continue to
work, but we do need to make sure we retain the 3.0.0 code documentation
for folk like yourself using it.

I will clean this up later this week.

Hope that helps,

Peter