[emboss-dev] Questions about MRS and DbFetch - Checked by AntiVir DEMO version -

Guy Bottu gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be
Tue Aug 29 16:23:26 UTC 2006

	Dear developers,

I am for the moment struggling to make MRS and DbFetch work as access
methods. I installed the bug fixed from the ftp site.

MRS works ! But I note that currently you are using the Web interface,
not the Web services, and that access is only by ID (not AC or other
fields). Are you considering further developements ?

DbFetch does not work. I put in my .embossrc :

DB testdbfetch [ type: N method: dbfetch format: embl dbalias: embl
               url: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ws/services/Dbfetch ]

Did I miss something ?
By thz way, are there alternative DbFetch servers in the world ? If not,
why not hard code the URL in the code, like you did for "entrez" ?

	Regards,
	Guy Bottu,
	BEN