CUTG

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 10:38:30 UTC 2005

José R. Valverde wrote:

> I just saw there are new improvements in cutgextract... Great!
>
> However, if I may make a suggestion, it would be nice if it where to
> save the codon tables in a hierarchical arrangement.
>
> I just converted CUTG... 25k files in all. Amazing! Useful! all thay
> deserves a great Yes! but has a serious problem: users of the command
> line may try an 'ls Emyorganism*' and find their table, but users of
> GUIs will have a tough time to navigate through a pull-down menu with
> 25 thousand options !

The plan I have is a little different ...

... to allow a CUTG entry to be retrieved from SRS (haha - has everyone seen
the news from LION?) or from the CUTG server through some non-sequence access
method that can return the text of an entry from CUTG, PROSITE, and otehr
databases.

But at least CUTGEXTRACT can now extract a single species for you so there is
no need to extract all 25,000 entries.

Hope this helps

Peter