ACD, toggle handling

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at helsinki.fi
Mon Sep 27 09:04:07 UTC 2004

Hello,

I've done a program that uses toggle in acd to allow one or more options to
depend on others.
Eg.

  toggle: useinsert [
    standard: "Y"
    information: "Do you want to make an insert"
    default: "N"
  ]

  string: insert  [
    standard: "$(useinsert)"
    information: "Inserted string"
  ]

  integer: start  [
    standard: "$(useinsert)"
    information: "Start point of inserted sequence"
    default: "1"
  ]

Now if I give in commandline option '-insert y', then it asks the "Do you want
to make an insert[N]: ". If i answer no to it, it makes the insert with
default start value. If I say yes, then it asks to start point.

Now i would suggest that since I have already given the option that depends on
the toggle option, program should automatically assume that useinsert is 'Y'.
Not ask if want to add insert and then ask for the start point of insert.
Most often I use the command line options when giving out files, as bash has
autocompletion. Would this be a good way to handle this?

Sincerely,
--
Henrikki Almusa