Pattern lists

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at helsinki.fi
Mon Oct 11 07:39:00 UTC 2004

Hello,

I would be happy if I could get the pattern list things moving onwards. So
reposting my questions from a while back. I could use the pattern lists
already, with fuzznuc after some changes. I haven't attached the patches
(ajpat.c, ajpath, nucleus/embpat.patch and emboss/fuzznuc.patch) in this
post, but can post them again if wanted.

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 09:39, Henrikki Almusa wrote:
> 1. How to do the acd overloading. In my patch to dreg and fuzznuc, I used
> string and then did what was needed in program. This is not probably the
> correct way, but ok for testing.
>
> 2. Should I add a search function into pattern lists? This would allow
> fuzz(nuc|pro|tran) to run regular expression pattern as well (thus
> obsoleting dreg and preg). This change would also mean that patterns in
> files would need a <type=[value]> attribute as well (value might a number
> or string). But this might cause confusion as mismatch values don't work
> with regexes (even though it would be there).
>
> 3. Is it ok to use '#include ../nucleus/emboss.h' in 'ajpat.c'? This was
> done as I needed functions from 'nucleus/embpat.h'. If this is not how it
> should be done then how?
>
> 4. Any thing else that needs to be fixed for inclusion into emboss? Any
> namings or such? Make the functions more similar to AjPFeattable (eg.
> ajPatternNew would put it to pattern list as well?

Any help on these  would be appreciated,
--
Henrikki Almusa