question about nullok in outfile

Guy Bottu gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be
Thu Jun 24 12:49:38 UTC 2004

	Dear colleagues,

I noticed a change of behaviour for the case when you have an ACD object
of type outfile with attribute "nullok: Y" and without "default", when
the user puts nothing on the command line.
With EMBOSS 2.6.0 no output file was created. I think this is the
behaviour that one should expect, since the on-line ACD manual says "Can
accept a null filename as 'no file'".
Since EMBOSS 2.8.0 however an output file is always created. In the case
that there are several outfile objects it can have a name like
"xxx.out2". Is this change in behaviour intended or is it a bug
introduced together with some other change ?

	Sincerely,
	Guy Bottu,
	BEN