Prophet & profit

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at helsinki.fi
Wed Apr 14 07:48:54 UTC 2004

Hello,

I was watching the outputs of prophet and profit and noticed that they seem to
have their own respective outputs. After some check in code I noticed that
Profit has its own function 'profit_printHits' and prophet uses some basic
function 'embAlignPrintProfile'.

Now to question. Is there some reason why they don't use AjPAlign and its
functions (other than that it was created before the standard formats)? Would
it be a good thing to try to make them use AjPAlign?

Mainly i'm after the idea that one could use '-aformat' with prophet and
profit. I might have time to take a look and see if I can fix this.

I did some reading on code and noticed that embAlignReportProfile uses seqset
and prophet doesn't read this in. So what is that seqset and why it is
embAlingReportProfile and not in embAlingReport(Local|Global)? Can seqset be
made, instead of read from file or would if be better to use
embAlingReportLocal instead of embAlingReportProfile?

Thanks,
--
Henrikki Almusa