acd & interactive prompt

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 2 10:34:56 UTC 2003

raouljp at libero.it wrote:
> hi,
> I need to insert interaction in my program.
> How can I do it with acd, without recoding from zero the promt interaction?

Interaction is not allowed in ACD.

This is a deliberate design feature to ensure that all program options
must be set by the user (e.g. in a web form, a GUI interface, a CORBA or
web service call) before the program starts.

Of course, you can try to interact with the user later in the program
... and we would rather like to have, for example, interactive graphics
displays.

There is an ajUser call that prompts the user (well, really it writes to
standard error) and you can try to read from standard input.

Or is this just some extra interaction at startup time? Maybe ACD can
cope with that.

Hope this helps,

Peter Rice