Report format

Damian Counsell d.counsell at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 8 11:28:15 UTC 2003

* Peter Rice <pmr at ebi.ac.uk> [031205 11:23]:
> Henrikki Almusa wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Small question about report format. Since one can add tag in style
> >'type:value=text_in_file'. Is there some way to give spaces in
> >"text_in_file" or give sort of "%-xS" type of syntax to make sure atleast
> >x sized are is used?
>
> Good idea!
>
> The code has widths for each column already.
>
> We need a syntax to give:
>
> 1. minimum column width
> 2. maximum column width (for example, for sequence data that can be very
> long)
>
> Perhaps type:value%n.n=columnheading
>
> More questions:
>
> Do we need more column types?

This may be a completely stupid suggestion, but, if you don't ask...

Could we have decimal tabs, please?  You know: ones smart enough to
align themselves by the position of the floating point, even in the
absence of specifying the number of digits before and after it?

all the best

Damian

--
MRC Rosalind Franklin Centre for Genomics Research
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SB, UK