problem with wildcard in emboss applications.

Ted Chiang tchiang at bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca
Fri Jan 4 17:24:35 UTC 2002

We are trying to iron out some issues in installing EMBOSS 2.1.0 and in
the email attached below, Len has described what he did to modify if for
IRIX.

The applications are up and running, however I noticed that certain
applications do not take the 'wildcard' variable when retrieving
multiple database files as in EMBOSS 1.13.1.

Here is an example using seqret (the problem also applies to the program
'stssearch'):

bash%seqret gbbct:*
Reads and writes (returns) sequences
Error: Unable to read sequence 'gbbct:*'

-->Has anyone seen this before? or have any suggestions?  (just as aside:
seqret and other applications works fine when retrieving only a single
database entry).

thanks.

-Ted

Ted Chiang