Starting EMBOSS apllications without an input file...

Peter Rice peter.rice at uk.lionbioscience.com
Tue May 8 14:06:05 UTC 2001

Mark Brooks writes:

>Perhaps my segfault is down to the way I initialize the translation
>table(?)

The translation table initialisation will read a default genetic code,
from a data directory which used internal data structures defined in
embInit.

I would expect ajTrnNewI to have problems.

My recommendation would be to always call embInit, and to write a basic ACD
file.

Meanwhile, we can look at making the libraries safe when uninitialised,
although in this case it could mean a fatal error message.

regards,

Peter Rice