EMBOSS ACD and GUIs

ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jan 10 13:37:07 UTC 2001

Dear EMBOSS developers,

The new year has brought GUI fever. We're currently testing W2H for emboss,
Peter Rice is planning extensions for SRS, James Bonfield is doing work on
the Staden interface (SPIN) and Tim Littlejohn is doing bionavigator things.

All these are directly concerned with ACD and what we don't want are
multiple ACD dialects out there (at least I think it'd be a shame). I believe
everyone involved in this projects is on this emboss-dev list so maybe we can
thrash out an ACD consensus here so we can get on with implementing it asap.

So, this is a warning of activity and maybe those involved can say either
what they've done or what they want.

Cheers
Alan