EMBOSS - Indexing breaks on large databases

ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 8 15:01:30 UTC 2001

Hi Leonard,

No, you were indeed perfectly clear. I was replying on the
second matter since the sort error message is a system one.
The emboss indexing programs just use a C "system()" call for
performing the sorts so if anything goes wrong after that point
its an SEP (Somebody elses problem) as far as EMBOSS is concerned.

There is a sort option for those programs but I would NOT
recommend using it. I don't think the person who wrote that bit
of code/modified it  was ever entirely happy with it and I am
going to clean it up as part of the 64 bit process.

Rgds
Alan