interpreting ajtranslate.* in ajax library.

Bill Shui touro at capoeirabrasil.com.au
Mon Aug 6 15:03:07 UTC 2001

Hi there,
    I'm using EMBOSS as part of my honours thesis. What I am doing now is
    breaking up all the library modules and reuse bits of them to get something
    working.

    However, I am stuck with ajtranslate or the transeq program.

    In the file ajtranslate.c, the function ajTrnReadFile uses struct
    AjSTrn to store the EGC data (well at least that's how I understood it)
    correct me if I was wrong.

    Now, I don't understand why the variable GC and Starts in
    AjSTrn are 15 by 15 by 15 matrices?

    I also do not understand the meaning of initialisation of
    the char arrays trnconv and trncomp.

    and why most of the arrays are 14?

your prompt reply to this is much appreciated as I really need this for my
thesis and I'm on a tight schedule.

thanks in advance.

regards.

Bill
--
The mark of a good party is that you wake up the next morning
wanting to change your name and start a new life in different
Bill Shui           Email: wshui at bigpond.net.au
			   wshui at cse.unsw.edu.au
			   touro at capoeirabrasil.com.au
			   bill.shui at proteomesystems.com