[DAS2] ids to coordinates?

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 19:05:36 UTC 2007

Greetings all,

Sorry if I already asked this and spaced on the answer...

Can I give a DAS2 server (and if yes, which one?) a list of HUGO gene
names and then get back the start and end coordinate of the gene on
hg17? (Note: the current version is hg18.)

I'm doing a candidate gene-based population genetics project, and I
need to be able to quickly get back the boundaries of a bunch of genes
(as determined in the usual way, e..g, cDNA-to-genome alignments)
where I have the HUGO name but that's it.

I think maybe Lincoln mentioned something like this was available via
a site at CSHL, or maybe Hapmap?

I think it would be pretty nifty if the nicely-funded Hapmap project
could provide such a service, if it does not already :-)

Yours,

Ann

--
Ann Loraine