[DAS2] biopackages DAS/2 server passed validation

Helt,Gregg Gregg_Helt at affymetrix.com
Wed Nov 15 17:25:06 UTC 2006

I've fixed some bugs in IGB and now it is able to retrieve some genome
features from the biopackages server and visualize them.  For example
this feature query works:

http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/human/17/feature?segment=http%3A%2
F%2Fdas.biopackages.net%2Fdas%2Fgenome%2Fhuman%2F17%2Fsegment%2Fchr21;ov
erlaps=26040000%3A26060000;type=SO%3AmRNA

with URL-decoded query params:

segment=http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/human/17/segment/chr21
	overlaps=26040000:26060000
	type=SO:mRNA

However, not all feature queries work.  For example, another query,
exactly the same as the above except for a different type filter:

http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/human/17/feature?segment=http%3A%2
F%2Fdas.biopackages.net%2Fdas%2Fgenome%2Fhuman%2F17%2Fsegment%2Fchr21;ov
erlaps=26040000%3A26060000;type=SO%3ACDS

with URL-decoded query params:

segment=http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/human/17/segment/chr21
	overlaps=26040000:26060000
	type=SO:CDS

returns this error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<FEATURES
    xmlns="http://biodas.org/documents/das2"
    xml:base="http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/human/17/"

<error>
                         <code>500</code>
                         <description>Died at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Package/Base/Devel.pm line 425.
</description>
                       </error>

Should "SO:CDS" not be a searchable type?

Also, is the full URI for the type supposed to be
	A) "SO:CDS" or
	B) "http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/human/17/type/SO:CDS"
?
According to XML Base resolution rules, with "SO:CDS" as the value for
the TYPE uri attribute, then because there is a ":" before any "/", the
full URI is (A).  If the full URI is supposed to be (B), then the uri
attribute should be "./SO:CDS" (given that xml:base is
"http://das.biopackages.net/das/genome/human/17/type/").

	Thanks,
	Gregg