[DAS2] Apollo and DAS/2 priorities

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 09:14:00 UTC 2006

On 26 Jan 2006, at 23:56, Nomi Harris wrote:

> - i haven't yet tried loading sequence.  there are several levels
> on which
> that could be implemented:
>   - read sequence from a das2xml file
>   - get sequence from das/2 server
>   - fetch sequence automatically as needed (lazy loading)
> i may start working on reading sequence from a das2xml file first,
> since
> that's a necessary step in order to read it from a server anyway.

Currently I don't think there's a "das2xml" format for sequence, the
only format currently recommended in the spec is FASTA.  This got
argued about a few weeks back but I think the decision was to stick
with FASTA.  Not sure what you're meant to do with the header line, I
think the contents are undefined and clients should ignore it.

            Thomas.