[DAS2] question regarding most up-to-date D. melanogaster DAS?

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:47:03 UTC 2006

I'm not sure it would be worth adding more work to the project to
allow for these cases. If funding is renewed, then I think it would be
worth the effort. But for now, probably not, since it would be a new
feature. (At this stage, avoiding feature creep seems advisable :-)

I believe I can get a mapping of cytological bands onto genomic
coordinates from FlyBase. I don't know how reliable these mappings
are, but assuming they are okay, I can use them to query a fly DAS
site to get the genes in those coordinates. I'm not sure what is the
best DAS site to use for this, however.

-Ann