[DAS2] tiled queries for performance

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:11:24 UTC 2005

One thing to do is to add to the spec a note that the server is free to return
features from a range larger than requested. This way the server is free to
expand the range to the 1k boundaries.

My preference, however, would be for the server to implement a filter that
removes from the precalculated tiled XML output all features that are outside
the range. This would be completely transparent to the client.

Lincoln