[DAS2] das registry and das2

Andreas Prlic ap3 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 16:54:27 UTC 2005

Hi!

I would like to start a discussion of how to provide a proper DAS
interface for
our das- registration server at http://das.sanger.ac.uk/registry/

Currently it is possible to interact with it using SOAP, or manually
via the HTML
  interface.  We should also make it accessible using URL requests.

To get this started I would propose the following query syntax.  This
might also
  provide another opportunity to have a discussion about the coordinate
  system descriptions.

If some of the used terms are unclear, there is some documentation at
http://das.sanger.ac.uk/registry/help_index.jsp

Regards,
Andreas

Request:
http://server/registry/list
http://server/registry/find?
[keyword,organism,authority,type,capability,label]=searchterm

Response:

	<dasSource >
		<id>DS_109</id>
		<nickname>myDasSource</nickname>
		<description>some free text</description>

		<contact name="A.Jones" email="jones at sanger.ac.uk" />
		<!-- would prefer to have to contact only one person, but why not
several,.. -->
		<contact name="A.Brown" email="brown at sanger.ac.uk" />

		<coordinateSystem>
			<authority>NCBI</authority>
			<assemblyVersion>35</assemblyVersion>
			<type>chromosome</type>
			<organism>
				<name>Homo sapiens</name>
				<taxonId>9606</taxonId>
			</organism>

			<!-- the test accession code / segment id needs to be per coordinate
system, since a few sources
				support multiple coord sys -->
			<testCode>4:55349999,55749999</testCode>
		</coordinateSystem>

		<coordinateSystem>
			<!-- one could provide more info like: -->
			<authority href="http://www.ebi.ac.uk/uniprot/">UniProt</authority>
			<type>Protein Sequence</type>
			<testCode>P00280</testCode>
		</coordinateSystem>

		<capability>sequence</capability>
		<capability>features</capability>

		<last_updated>2005-Nov-16</last_updated>
		<help href="http://www.ebi.ac.uk/uniprot/about.html">about
uniprot</help>

		<label>Ensembl</label>
		<label>BioSapiens</label>

	</dasSource>

	<dasSource>
	<!-- next one here -->
	</dasSource>

Andreas Prlic      Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
                               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
			 +44 (0) 1223 49 6891