[DAS2] Re: New problem with content-type header in DAS/2 server responses!

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Mon Nov 14 17:28:10 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 November 2005 06:47 am, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> Steve:
> > I raised some other issues regarding types and feature properties etc.
> > couple of weeks ago that I'd like you to chime in on:
> > http://portal.open-bio.org/pipermail/das2/2005-October/000271.html
> >
> > The latest message on this thread is:
> > http://portal.open-bio.org/pipermail/das2/2005-November/000278.html
>
> I'll take them part by part.
>
> That last message suggested
>
>    <FEATURES xmlns="http://www.biodas.org/ns/das/genome/2.00"
>              xmlns:das="http://www.biodas.org/ns/das/genome/2.00"
>              xml:base="http://www.wormbase.org/das/genome/volvox/1/"
>              xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
>
> das:prop="http://www.biodas.org/ns/das/genome/2.00/properties">
>      <FEATURE das:id="feature/cTel54X.1.2"
>               das:type="type/curated_exon">
>        <PROP das:ptype="property/genefinder-score">29</PROP>
>        <PROP das:ptype="das:prop#phase">2</PROP>
>        <PROP das:ptype="das:prop#protein_translation"
>              xlink:type="simple"
>
> xlink:href="http://www.wormbase.org/das/protein/volvox/2/feature/
> CTEL54X.1
> />
>      </FEATURE>
>

> I couldn't figure out why the "das:" namespace was needed for the
> attributes.  Why can't they be in the default namespace?

The extras das: prefix is not needed since it is the same namespace as the
default namespace.

My feeling is that we should NOT be using namespaces in attribute names but
not in attribute values (e.g. das:ptype is ok, but "das:prop#phase" is not
OK). For attribute values we should be using URIs consistently.

Lincoln