[DAS2] imported data into bug tracker

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu May 12 18:08:39 UTC 2005

Allen:
> Is there a distiction made between these in CVS, i.e. are they in
> separate
> repositories?

Separate modules, same repository.

>   Have you considered implementing some client components in
> C?  The reason I ask is that I'm interested in having a .so to link to
> so
> that I can use a common DAS client API from R, Java, and Perl as well.

No, not at all.

That would be hard to do.  I'm using some Python specific
technologies, like the ElementTree parser to handle XML.
I also have rather polymorphic code ("duck typing" at its best)
that would be hard to port easily into C.

I've found there's a much lower uptake of a given module
if it requires a C extension.

It's also not covered by the grant.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com