[DAS] Bulk download

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 10:35:30 UTC 2014

Hi Christoph,

The DAS protocol does support multiple segment parameters in each request, and ProServer (which CBS is using) should handle them correctly. It is possible for the DAS source to explicitly optimise for this type of request, but the default implementation (and the most likely) is to simply repeat the query for each identifier. Thus I would not expect huge gains, but it should cut down on some of the overhead from establishing multiple connections and therefore be a bit quicker.

I’m afraid I don’t understand your second question.

Kind regards
Andy