[DAS] Personal genomics/Deploying a DAS server for Dummies/6 Easy steps

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:43:59 UTC 2012

That's great!

Just last night I was looking for something that would fulfill this requirement.

One suggestion would be for authentication like I get with my Google,
Flicker, Twitter, Facebook, etc. accounts. (Is this an open protocol
for authentication, or did they each re-invent this wheel?)

i.e. I want to be able to specifically grant access to my data by a
known third party.

e.g. GeneticGuru wants access to your GenotypeArchive account, allow or deny?

Do any existing personal genotype archives have this kind of 'genotype
server' service, or is DAS the first system to provide this
functionality? Do you plan to build it into a dedicated service
somewhere?

Cheers,
Dan.