[DAS] Workshop 2012

Jim Procter jprocter at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 15:17:53 UTC 2011

Hi Jon..

On 20/10/2011 12:26, Jonathan Warren wrote:
> I'd also be very interested in hearing from people who would be
> interested in attending, either as a new user for the tutorials or a
> seasoned DAS developer. This will enable us to make informed decisions
> about how the 2012 workshop should be organised.
I'll be there, notwithstanding the usual caveats about buses, suns going
nova, etc..

> For the last couple of years the workshop has been a 3 day event with
> the first day consisting of tutorials, the second had talks and the
> third a developer discussions day. As many of last years talks are
> available on the web we may change the format so there are a reduced
> number of talks. Links to videos are available next to the talks here:
> http://www.biodas.org/wiki/DASWorkshop2011#Day_2
>
> As a taster here are some of the new things that are available for use
> by the community since the last DAS workshop:
> DAS write-back (MyDAS), DAS search (MyDAS), Registry CRUD via web
> service (get, post, put, delete, authentication headers), Registry
> supports JSON for all requests and responses, new DAS Registry
> architecture (client-server), I'm sure there is more......?
It'd be nice to hear about any new DAS client libraries (particularly if
they are accessible from Java ;) ). Perhaps it would be good to remind
those of us on the list about what outstanding (if any) community
development targets remain since last years meeting ?

I'd personally also be really interested to hear about case studies -
where DAS works and where it should (but doesn't).

Jim.

ps. re java das libraries. I'll be in Hinxton on 1st December 2011. Is
anyone interested in a one day java DAS client code sprint ?