[DAS] Workshop 2012

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 11:26:15 UTC 2011

Hi

I've started a wiki page for the DAS workshop 2012 preliminarily
scheduled for 27-29th Feb 2012. Subject to funding.
http://www.biodas.org/wiki/DASWorkshop2012
The page is currently split into 3 sections 1)Recent developments
since the last DAS workshop 2) Suggestions for Developer Discussions
on Developers Day 3) Possible DAS related talks.
To kick things off I've added to some of those topics. Please feel
free to add some suggestions and/or email to the list.

I'd also be very interested in hearing from people who would be
interested in attending, either as a new user for the tutorials or a
seasoned DAS developer. This will enable us to make informed decisions
about how the 2012 workshop should be organised.

For the last couple of years the workshop has been a 3 day event with
the first day consisting of tutorials, the second had talks and the
third a developer discussions day. As many of last years talks are
available on the web we may change the format so there are a reduced
number of talks. Links to videos are available next to the talks here: http://www.biodas.org/wiki/DASWorkshop2011#Day_2

As a taster here are some of the new things that are available for use
by the community since the last DAS workshop:
DAS write-back (MyDAS), DAS search (MyDAS), Registry CRUD via web
service (get, post, put, delete, authentication headers), Registry
supports JSON for all requests and responses, new DAS Registry
architecture (client-server), I'm sure there is more......?

Jonathan Warren
Senior Developer and DAS coordinator
blog: http://biodasman.wordpress.com/
jw12 at sanger.ac.uk