[DAS] Java DAS hackathon 1st December.

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 15:57:15 UTC 2011

Hi

There are at least 4 of us meeting up on the Sanger/EBI genome campus
(Thursday 1st December) to write some code for the new Java DAS
library (JDAS http://code.google.com/p/jdas/).
The main focus will be on making sure the new library has all the
"essential" capabilities of the old Dasobert library and some new
features.

We would like to extend an open invitation to Java developers in the
DAS community. If you would like to attend and contribute then please
drop me a line. We would be especially interested in having someone
with expertise/interest in DAS structure or Alignment clients.
If you have any suggestions or burning needs for support to be
included in the JDAS library you can also write to me or post to the
list.

For inclusion (some of which has/will be implemented by 1 December):
Support for concurrency (Threads and queue management).
Support for alignment and structure queries/responses.
JSON support.
Writeback functionality (xml and JSON).
Registry sources filtering support.
Support for reading/writing JSON.

As always any contributions and suggestions welcome.
After the hackathon we would also welcome any offers of testing in
real world situations?

Many thanks

The Sanger/EBI DAS team.

Jonathan Warren