[DAS] maxbins

Rafael Jimenez rafael at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 15:19:10 UTC 2011

Hi Gustavo,

In the last DAS workshop we came up with a very short list of binning
(maxbin) strategies. This needs to be completed. Here what I got from the
minutes ...

- Suggestions
   - Return information about the binning in the response if it has been
applied
      - I have done it.
      - I did it like this.
- Strategies
   - Order by size and return first
   - If there is no score provide (feature) density information
   - If score
      - Max
      - Mean
      - Min
      - ...
- Rounding problem
   - Find a common strategy to normalize the binning query regarding the
length of the sequence
- Commitments
   - TAD will circulate an email proposing binning strategies.

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~rafael/docs/das/workshop2011/dasworkshop2011_minutes.pdf

Regards,
Rafael.