[DAS] maxbins

Gustavo Salazar gsalazar at cs.uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 6 13:53:14 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

One of the topics in the workshop was the idea of having a set of strategies for maxbins, and we said we will discuss it here... so this is my call to hear ideas about it, i might have a some spare time soon and if we get a couple of good strategies I can implement them in mydas as part of its core, so a datasource provider can choose to use one of the predefined strategies or to define a particular algorithm if is their wish.

I suppose the easiest maxbins strategy is to return the X random non-overlaping features in he segment.

Any other Ideas?

Regards,

Gustavo.