[DAS] Alternative URL for registry in case server down

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 19:10:38 UTC 2010

Hi Christoph,

Hopefully Jon can get the registry up and running quickly. Unfortunately there are no mirrors, but it's probably a good idea to set up at least a mirror of the static /das/sources response in future. This would only be of benefit if your client doesn't use the registry's server-side filtering for the sources command. I will discuss it with Jon when we next meet. However, it's worth considering caching the document in client applications if possible, which would achieve the same effect and protect the client from registry downtime.

Cheers,
Andy