[DAS] 1.53E validation errors

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Fri Aug 27 14:07:12 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

After receiving an automated notice that my DAS 1.53E servers are scheduled for deletion, I'm trying to bring them into compliance. I'm not sure exactly how to fix the validation issues, though, so I'm here to ask for help.

1. sources

When validating my server, the DAS registry reports this error:

capability is stated for this server but is not valid or provided.validating http://das.sbc.su.se:9000//das/sources RegReportErrorHandler.Error Line Number:4 column number:467 attribute "type" has a bad value. Possible values are: das1:alignment,das1:component,das1:cors,das1:dna,das1:entry_points,das1:error-segment,das1:feature-by-id,das1:features,das1:interaction,das1:maxbins,das1:sequence,das1:sources,das1:structure,das1:stylesheet,das1:supercomponent,das1:types,das1:unknown-feature,das1:unknown-segment

My DAS server does provide a sources response, including capabilities:

	http://das.sbc.su.se:9000//das/sources

But I'm not sure why it's invalid.

The capability types my server returns are:

das1:dsn
das1:features
das1:stylesheet

das1:dsn isn't in the list possible values; is it no longer valid?

Otherwise, I wonder if this is because I'm running an ancient version of ProServer (v463).

2. stylesheet

When validating, the registry reports this error:

capability was stated for this server but is either not present or valid.validating http://das.sbc.su.se:9000//das/hmmtop/stylesheet RegReportErrorHandler.Error Line Number:9 column number:17 tag name "FONT" is not allowed. Possible tag names are: <BGCOLOR>,<BUMP>,<HEIGHT>,<LABEL>,<LINEWIDTH> RegReportErrorHandler.Error Line Number:18 column number:17 tag name "FONT" is not allowed. Possible tag names are: <BGCOLOR>,<BUMP>,<HEIGHT>,<LABEL>,<LINEWIDTH> RegReportErrorHandler.Error Line Number:27 column number:17 tag name "FONT" is not allowed. Possible tag names are: <BGCOLOR>,<BUMP>,<HEIGHT>,<LABEL>,<LINEWIDTH> the document is NOT valid.

I've removed that tag from the stylesheet and verified that my server is no longer presenting it:

	http://das.sbc.su.se:9000/das1/hmmtop/stylesheet

However, when I try to revalidate, the registry reports the same error.

Is there perhaps caching going on?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dave