[DAS] DAS and bacterial genomes

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 08:52:35 UTC 2010

Hi Andy,

Yes I am aware of the some of the idiosyncrasies of the Ensembl Genomes naming conventions. But is there a reason that the DAS registry should be constrained by Ensembl Genomes? Could the Registry entry refer to a specific taxonomy iD and its corresponding entry in EG, despite EG using a different taxonomy ID?

I'd like to be able to export our microarray designs and data via DAS for others to use (including EnsemblBacteria). This if for 16 or so species with multiple strains thereof.

cheers

Adam