[DAS] querying for nonpositional annotations

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 15:17:30 UTC 2010

Currently having read all points and thought about  it properly I
agree with Eugenes summary of what the behavior should be.
I was thinking that types filtering is not implemented and understood
well by many casual users of DAS. But as the types command and
filtering is something we want to encourage using the non-positional
type should encourage this and as long as it's documented well and
splattered everywhere I think it should be fine. But using the logic
below as far as I can see this means you have to do 2 requests if you
want features and non-positional annotations for a range /das/source/
features?segment=P99999:1,150 and   /das/source/features?
segment=P99999;type=annotation

But presumably doing /das/source/features?
segment=P99999:1,150;type=gene;type=annotation would actually return
genes if in region but no non-positional results which isn't really
logical on its own?

jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Ext: 2314
Telephone: 01223 492314