[DAS] Cross-origin resource sharing and DAS

Andy Jenkinson andy.jenkinson at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 14:57:42 UTC 2009

Thinking ahead a little bit, the potential benefit of formally
adopting this in DAS is huge - beyond the current set of simple GET
requests, it actually makes authenticated cross site requests such as
for writeback work, which at the moment will be very difficult to make
work.

I was wondering if we should just add a requirement to handle this to
the DAS spec, with an example of course. It's very simple to implement
and we could potentially dodge a big bullet by making all 1.6+ servers
do it now. By the time it's supported in all browsers we could have a
large proportion of DAS servers supporting it.

Cheers,
Andy