[DAS] maxbins in DAS1.6?

Jonathan Warren jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 11:54:15 UTC 2009

At the moment the test is with a small maxbins parameter and a very
large one and if the number of features returned is different then it
is specified as a valid maxbins server. I think I found one server
that supported maxbins and this crude test worked. If you have servers
that use maxbins I'd be interested in using them for testing as I
wouldn't be surprised if there are issues with this.

The registry has recently changed so that it tests most capabilities
irrespective of stated capabilities and shows a yellow light to
indicate that a capability is possibly_valid. The registry sources cmd
also has this information as a property.
http://www.dasregistry.org/das/sources

As you have just stated in your email - you can use capabilities in
the headers for maxbins.

The registry is being developed to look at headers now as well to give
feedback and gather statistics on servers.

Any feedback and suggestions obviously welcomed.

Jonathan.

jw12 at sanger.ac.uk
Ext: 2314
Telephone: 01223 492314